Radial shock wave is a state of the art treatment designed to treat chronic soft tissue pain in your heels, feet, knees, elbows and shoulders. It is based on the same technology that was developed to break up kidney stones. It sends an extremely rapid acoustic pulse which results in increased metabolism in the damaged tissue.
Radial shockwave often succeeds in cases of chronic conditions when other forms of treatment have failed. Typically, a patient requires only one treatment per week for 3-4 weeks to achieve results with follow up visits over a period of 4-12 weeks as needed. It is important to know that healing continues for up to 3 months after your final appointment.
Scientific research shows radial shockwave to help relieve the following chronic conditions:
- Calcific tendonosis or general tendonosis
- Plantar Fascitis/Heel Spurs
- Tennis Elbow (lateral epicondylitis)
- Golfer’s Elbow (medial epicondylitis)
- Rotator Cuff Tendinitis/osis
- Patellar Tendinitis (often called Jumper’s knee, Dancer’s knee etc)
- IT Band Syndrome
- Hip (Trochanteric) Bursitis and Gluteal Tendonpathy (often the true problem)
- Shin Splints
- Achilles Tendinits
- Chronic trigger points or muscle tension
- Can assist certain forms of arthritis